EXTOL’s session by Pete Stetson on Deploying Migrated Projects in EBI 3 reviewed multiple scenarios. Pete walked a room full of users through EBI 3 scenarios that take workbench projects and explore how they can be deployed to the EBI Local Server.
Due to time limitations we were not able to complete all the scenarios. For users looking to recap the scenarios or for EXTOL Customers unable to to attend EU 2014, CONTACT us and we can review the scenarios with you.
Scenario Deploying to Local Server:
- User wants to deploy migrated objects to the Local Test Server for testing purposes. Deploying to the Local Test Server requires deploying specific objects instead of projects.
Uninstalling From Local Test Server
- User had deployed and tested the migrated objects on the Local Server. EBI 3 user would now like to deploy them to a Remote Server for remote deployment testing.
Deploy and Install to a remote EBI Server
- EBI 3 user is ready to test the actual Project as a whole on a Remote EBI Server. Deploying and Installing to a Remote EBI Server shows users the full effect of how the project will run in production.
Deploy and Install Projects with Errors to Remote EBI Server
- EBI user’s project has an error and they attempt to deploy that project to the Remote EBI Server. Errors need to first be corrected before being able to deploy and install a project to a Remote EBI Server.
Re-deploying a Project to a Remote EBI Server
- EBI 3 user needs to make an adjustment to a particular object within a project that is already deployed. There is no need to uninstall the project in order to have the change take place, all that is needed is to Re-deploy the project to the Remote EBI Server.
EXTOL Business Integrator 3 Guides
By: Sean Hoppe on