On the 2nd day of EXTOL University, EXTOL Project Manager David Ogozalek introduced the EBI 3 Studio.
Dave’s session showed users how to navigate the EBI 3 Studio Client. The studio client is much more than a place to view and develop the EBI objects.
Dave showed users the following aspects :
EBI 3 PERSPECTIVES:
- Workbench: The EBI Workbench perspective serves as EBI’s design-time environment. EBI objects used in your integration Projects are created and maintained here.
- Admin Console: Use Admin Console perspective to perform various administrative functions and monitor system operations. Users can access the local server and production servers from here.
- SVN Repository: The SVN Repository Exploring perspective allows for operating and navigating repository locations.
- Team Synchronizing: The Team Synchronizing perspective is used to synchronize resources in the local Workspace with their counterparts shared in a repository. Common uses include synchronizing resource versions, viewing history, and comparing resource content.
- Move Window
- Detach Window
- View Menu
OBJECT CREATION: Dave showed the multiple ways to create EXTOL objects in the EBI Studio
TIPS and TRICKS:
- Locate EBI Objects with Ctrl+Shift+R
- Link with Editor
- Utilizing multiple workspaces for Test/QA and Production
- How to Copy rules/logic between rulesets
- How to back-out changes via Edit->Undo (Ctrl+Z)
Below are supplementary posts that can assist users navigating the EBI 3 Studio:
By: Sean Hoppe on